Peer review process
Acta Medica Transilvanica publishes only peer-reviewed articles.
Acta Medica Transilvanica uses the double-blind review process, which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed.
Each article will receive an identification number that will be used during the entire evaluation process providing thus the impartiality of the peer-review process.
The peer-review process practiced by Acta Medica Transilvanica journal consists in two stages.
During the first stage, the members of the Editorial Board will put great emphasis on the way of complying with the editing instructions and on the accuracy of the translation into the English language of the article. In case of not observing these requests, the article will be sent back to the author in order to make the necessary changes
During the second stage, the articles that observed the requests of the first stage will be delivered to a number of two independent reviewers for the scientific evaluation. The reviewers are all members of the academic community and experts in their field of activity
The identity of the authors will not be made known to the reviewers; the articles will bear only the identification number
The reviewers will analyse the articles based on the evaluation criteria established by the Editorial Board, as follows:
Evaluation criteria rated with 1=Excellent, 2=Good, 3=Fair, 4=Poor
1. Thematic integration of the articles in the journal profile;
2. Quality of the scientific contents;
3. Originality and innovation of the proposed them;
4. Clarity, concision and accuracy of the article text;
5. Accuracy in using the investigation and statistics method;
6. Study relevance regarding the research activity in the academic field and the impact on the fields of activity the article is making reference to;
7. Lack of errors, wrong concepts and ambiguities;
8. Relevance of the references sources;
After completing the peer-review process, the authors will be informed whether their articles are accepted or not to be published. In case of rejection, the reviewers will accept re-sending the articles subsequently, after improving their quality by the authors.
By applying the peer-review process, we intend to elaborate a journal of high scientific quality, accomplished with much respect towards its purposes.